Title Sequence Clips

 My initial impression of each opening sequence was that they helped me figure out what I should expect to happen during the movie, or at least know what the movie is going to be about. These opening scenes develop interest in the audience because they can start to get a feel in what is going to happen, and they are becoming more interested in the movie because of what was going in the opening scene. For example, the music, the tone, the camera angles, the characters, etc. All the movie scenes, especially Trainspotting, you meet the characters and so much happens in just 2 minutes. You can somewhat figure out what is going to be going on in the movie, which I would say most people like to know. 

              While watching the opening scenes to the movies we watched I could tell, sometimes, what is going to happen throughout the movie. For example, in the movie Scream, I could tell that it was going to be a horror movie. Foreshadowing is a big thing that directors use in opening scenes. I think that foreshadowing is a key thing for directors to use in opening scenes. Only a few of the movie scenes really introduced the characters of the movie. Trainspotting is the only one that told us the names but there were others that showed all of the main characters. The Lion King, for example, showed us the king and all of the animals and the lion cub. I never really payed attention to the opening scenes of movies because I didn’t think they meant anything. Now that I have paid attention to them, I realized they mean a lot towards the movie and plot line of it. 

               After watching these openings to the movie scenes I realized that they mean a lot towards the movie and really impact how you are going to feel about the movie. The movie 2001 A Space Oddesy did not seem interesting to me because of the opening scene. It was a black screen for the most part, resembling space. Space interests me but this scene really didn’t seem very interesting to me. Although others might see it and think that it’s going to be a great movie it didn’t impact me like that. The movie Saturday Night Fever, however, did impact me greatly. This movie seemed so interesting to me from when the man was walking through the city in his leather jacket and pants and bring red shoes and shirt, with the dance music playing in the background. He seemed to be a regular in the places he stopped for food and where he went to work. Opening scenes to movies impact the way you’re going to feel about the movie. They help you with this by the different music, the lettering, the characters showing, etc.

Comments