Decision Day

 My initial impressions from Indesign and PremierPro were not as expected. I expected an easy way of editing pictures, videos and clips. However, that’s not what I got. When I was on the different applications I was initially very confused. I didn’t know where to start or anything. There was so much on the screen and so many different things to do. I first started on PremierPro. Here I was learning how to edit videos, add music to the videos, add different effects and more. When I started doing these it was getting easier and easier as it went on. Although, there were times where I would get extremely confused while watching the tutorials, I would attempt to catch up and get back into pace with the tutorial. Also, we have been looking through magazines and articles. This was a tough decision to make; deciding between creating a magazine or a movie for my project. 

                    My decision was difficult for multiple reasons. While reading each article I realized how hard the decision was going to be. While reading “ Our Place in the Universe” I read that story telling, writing,  and reading really helps with everything. While in classrooms, you are able to build projects that involve peer review of single-author works. This is helpful in so many instances. This is what made my decision difficult. If I were to create a magazine I would be able to talk about a story. Have an article to write about whatever is on my mind. This would be an extremely tough project but also would help work my brain out and make it even better. However, I was extremely interested in the movie making. Making an introduction to a movie would be beyond just fun. It is another great way of expressing emotion and your own unique style with others contributing to make one unique magazine or movie. 

                  In the end, my decision was to create a movie. This is because my group and I have a perfect movie introduction already planned and we are all now comfortable with using PremierPro and Indesign. Each time we will use it again we will be becoming better and better each time until we are experts. These applications will make our movie introduction at a very high quality. If we put in the most effort and do all different edits with the music and how the scenes change, it could end up looking like a real movie. Depending on our efforts. My decision is to create a movie because it is going to be so many different ways to express myself and show what me and my peers are capable of. 

 

 


Comments